Slab supports SAML 2.0 SSO via Okta. If you're interested in using the Okta SCIM integration as well, see this article.
The following SAML features are supported:
JIT (just in time) provisioning
You must have an Okta account and be on the Business or Enterprise plan for Slab.
1. Go to your Okta Admin Dashboard → Applications → Browse App Catalog
2. Search for Slab and select Add
3. In the General Settings, enter your default Slab subdomain. For example, if you log into Slab with
myteam and click Done.
4. The app will now be added to your team but it is still not ready for use. In Slab, go to Team settings → Integrations → Okta and click Enable.
5. In the Enable Okta modal you'll also find your Org ID of the format
abcd1234. Make a note of it.
6. Back in Okta Dashboard, go to the Sign On tab, and click Edit.
7. Under Advanced Sign-On Settings, enter the Org ID in the text field with the same label and save.
8. In the same Sign-On tab, go to SAML Signing Certificates. In the certificate box, click actions, then click View IdP metadata. link under the View Setup Instructions button. This should download your SAML IdP Metadata XML file - Copy its contents.
If visiting the URL does not download the XML file and opens it in the browser instead, do not copy it directly and instead right-click to view the page source in the browser to reveal full XML contents before copying it.
9. Back in the Okta Integration modal in Slab, paste your IdP metadata and click Enable Integration.
10. Make sure Enable Okta Single Sign-On is checked, and click Save.
11. (Optional) Enable Provisioning with SCIM for your team members.
12. Under the Assignments tab, select Assign button to assign all users you want to allow access to Slab.
Our Okta integration is, at times, updated to provide a better overall experience to Slab customers. To take advantage of these updates, sometimes it's necessary to re-install the integration.
Here's the summary of the changes:
July 26, 2021 - Added userType attribute mapping
June 24, 2021 - Added support for SCIM with Groups
December 28, 2020 - Added support for SCIM with Users
October 2, 2018 - Created Okta Integration with SAML Support
To get our latest integration features, you need to add a new instance of the Slab application in your Okta admin dashboard to migrate from your old Slab application instance.
Do not remove your old Slab application from Okta Admin Dashboard just yet.
In Slab integration settings, make a backup of your old IdP metadata, before removing the Okta integration.
Repeat the Configuration Steps above to install the latest version of the Slab app alongside your existing installation.
Configure user provisioning with SCIM.
Reassign all the users on the previous Slab app to the new Slab app.
Test that SAML 2.0 SSO is working correctly in Slab with the new app.
You can safely deactivate or delete the old Slab app in Okta, once you confirm that SAML and SCIM is working correctly for all users.
If you encounter any issues, reach out to us directly at firstname.lastname@example.org.
If you're missing features from your Slab integration in Okta (SCIM for example), you might be on an older version. You can reinstall the integration and safely move users over to the new version by following the Migration Guide above.
Having issues setting up the integration? Contact email@example.com for help.