Admins can import content directly from Confluence using either a full backup or an individual space backup.
Exporting all of your content from Confluence
To create a full backup of your content:
In Confluence, click on the Settings icon in the top right-hand corner.
On the sidebar on the left, navigate to Backup Manager.
3. In the Backup manager page under Moving to Confluence Server, check the box for Backup attachments and click Create backup for server.
4. In the modal window that appears, click Start backup.
5. Once the zip file of your backup is created, it will appear at the bottom of the page. Click on it to download it.
Exporting a single space from Confluence
To create a space backup of your content:
In the space that you want to export, go to Space settings → Manage space → Export space.
Choose XML, and click Next.
3. You can then choose Full export to export everything in the space, or Custom export to export certain pages from the space. Click Export.
4. Once the export is complete, click to download it.
Importing your Confluence backup into Slab
To import your Confluence backup into Slab:
Navigate to the admin settings by clicking on the top-left dropdown menu and clicking Team Settings.
Click on the Import & Export in the left sidebar.
Click the Import button on the Confluence option.
4. Drag and drop the backup file from Confluence onto the upload modal.
You will receive a confirmation email from Slab once the import is completed. Please note that this can take 1-3 days depending on size and complexity.
Need more help?